Sunday, June 28, 2009

advocates


On June 25th, a few girls from my RESOLVE group in Ohio joined me in DC to participate in RESOLVE's Advocacy Day. It was an awesome experience. We visited our two Senator's offices and two Congressmen. Obviously, there was a lot going on that day with Health Care Reform. We were there to ask our state representatives to co-sponsor the Family Building Act of 2009 which includes infertility in insurance coverage. Even though we have stopped treatment, this cause is very important to me as we had no coverage for our IVF attempts. Hopefully, we made a difference and our voices were heard. So for all of you out there still pursuing treatments and still paying out of pocket for everything, know that we went and fought for you on The Hill!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you so much for your representation. I can't tell you how much this means to me that women like you are taking the time and effort for such a wonderful cause. As an out of pocket former IVFer, our finances are tight and the money for adoption was not there because we tried IVF first. We are still in a financial hole. I always considered my inability to become pregnant a health issue and was shocked that treatment was not covered by insurance.

Thanks again!!

ashley moon said...

Hi,
My name is Ashley and my husband and I attended the Resolve Advocacy Day in D.C. We are from Alabama. I would love to talk to you about how your day went. You can email me at amoon48@hotmail.com.