Sunday, October 23, 2011

a friend for adoption

I have to admit , I haven't forgotten about this blog, but I definitely have put it on the back burner. Way back. I spent so many months and years writing about our struggles that once Cormick was here, I didn't really know what this blog should be about anymore. Do people really want to read about C all the time? This was my place to talk about infertility and adoption. 
In moving to VA, I lost my military community and my adoption/infertility support groups. I've been searching and searching to find an adoptive families group here. A month or so ago I happened to stumble upon a posting from a girl on facebook that lives just down the street! Oh happy day! 
 She and her husband are adopting from Taiwan. You can read their journey here. She and her friend have formed Friends for Adoption. It is a support system for those waiting and those that have already adopted. I love the concept! I have been matched with an adoptive mom is Kansas! She has a biological son and an adoptive son from Korea! All 3 of our boys are 6 months apart! How cool is that? I can't wait to get to know her more and support each other as these years of parenting BOYS go on!
If you want to know more about Friends for Adoption, head over to Brooke's blog by clicking the button on this page! 
Now that I have a "friend for adoption", I am feeling the pressure of updating this blog! :) Maybe I should change the title...it's not really Just the 2 of Us anymore!  

No comments: