Wednesday, November 5, 2008

the final stretch

This time next week we will be finalizing our homestudy! Our home visit on the 19th went wonderfully! I don't think we could have asked for a better experience. We love our social worker and she made the four hours go by so quickly. At the end of Greg's interview I came down and she told me how well he did. Then she told me that we both have such a positive view on parenting that she wants to come back and be our child! That was so great to hear. We've had a long time to talk and think about how we will parent, that's for sure! So when Greg returns, we will meet her one more time to sign and be "certified" to adopt in the state of Ohio! But first I have to prove our residency for the past 3 states we have lived in! That little tidbit came up yesterday after I thought we had checked everything off the list!

3 comments:

Devon said...

I am so glad it is going well:)

Jamie said...

Congratulations!! :) That must feel sooo good. :)What a wonderful thing to hear from your caseworker! I know you will be wonderful parents....anyone who has to work this hard to become a mother knows that being a parent is the greatest gift on this earth. :) Can't wait to hear that you're "official"!! :)

Patti Rae said...

I'm not surprised at all that you did so well.........I have been telling you how great you guys
are =)