Wednesday, April 29, 2009

babymoon


So I have heard of people taking trips before their baby is due and calling it a "babymoon". Greg and I just returned from a cruise with our friends that we met at the adoption class. Seven days of bliss in the Caribbean! Can it get any better? I thought this trip would be our Babymoon, but it doesn't look like it was. Greg will be leaving in less than eight weeks for a six month deployment to Afghanistan. I have written to our agency and asked if they could not present us to birthmothers due while he is away. It's a tough decision to make, but we have been in this together since Day 1 and we both want to be together when we finally become a family. Luckily, with adoption we have a little bit of control over that. I'm hoping for another Babymoon in January 2010 when he returns home!

No comments: