Thursday, July 3, 2008

a doula, a sorority sister and a chemist

When I lost our baby, I felt such a need for some kind of support. I guess you could say it was my lowest of lows. I found a local RESOLVE chapter and it has been my saving grace. I'm not sure what I thought I would find, maybe just some people to talk to that would truly understand my grief. This week I had time to reflect on our family building journey. Greg and I have been so blessed with good friends wherever we go. However, Ohio has blessed me with girlfriends that know, really KNOW the roller coaster that has been our life for the past 4+years. One pointed out, that who would have every thought a doula, a sorority sister, and a chemist would have anything in common! Well we do, and it is this thing called infertility. A bond, that we will always have no matter what changes may come our way.

and yes... I would be the sorority sister!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's how I feel about blogging! Connected to all these people I wouldn't otherwise know, and I can't imagine life without them now!

Understanding friends make all the difference, don't they?