Today was the follow up appointment with Dr. B. I had a list of questions (thanks Devon) to ask, but Kinsey started throwing up all over the house 5 minutes before I had to leave. Needless to say, I forgot the questions. Anyway, to make a long story short, he was very disappointed in my response to the meds. He said it really worries him that I only produced 6 eggs (8 the last time). They want to retrieve 10-12. At my age, I should not be having a problem producing enough eggs. All my blood results don't show that I have an egg quality issue, but there is one more blood count they can take to see if I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve. Which means that I don't produce many eggs and that soon there won't be any left.And I mean soon, like within 3 years. This is what he is leaning towards and he repeatedly said he was nervous and worried for me. I asked him when do we call it quits and go for donor egg or adoption. He said to use our frozen guys, do one more IVF and if those fail then he would tell us to stop and get a donor.
So our plan is to do the FET when Greg returns. I asked him if he would transfer all 3 and he said yes! So now we pray that they are strong enough to survive the thaw. If we have to do one more IVF I will be labeled as a "poor responder" and put on a new protocol.
So we are on hold until Greg gets back. Which is fine. Dr. B said whatever situation would make me less stressed, and that would be waiting until he gets back.
So that is that. In the end, he feels we did "better" than New Mexico because we had 5 ready for transfer. He also made comments about how women want to lose the weight before starting another IVF, then he looked at me! So I guess I will be trying to get all this medicine weight off of me before Greg gets home!